Tuesday, December 5

Seen on CaliforniaLiveWire.
1. I am a good teacher because...
I care about kids and I have a knack for explaining complicated concepts in an understandable way.

2. If I weren’t a teacher, I would be... a computer trainer still, I suspect.

3. My teaching style is... friendly but firm. Somewhat motherly. Can't help being what I am.

4. My classroom is... tiny but functional.

5. My lesson plans are... hit or miss. Sometimes I work off an outline. Sometimes I work off a detailed lesson plan. But, sort of like cooking, I usually vary the detailed lesson anyway.

6. One of my teaching goals is... to get a full-time job next year at the school of my choice! (Nothing like being ambitious! :)

7. The toughest part of teaching is... seeing what bad parenting can do to a child.

8. The thing I love most about teaching is... watching the little lightbulbs go on over the kids' heads.

9. A common misconception about teaching is... most teachers are burnt out and have stopped caring. I'm sure that some fit that bill but most teachers I know care too much.

10. The most important thing I’ve learned since I started teaching is... you can't be a friend to your students until they respect you. You have to want their respect more than their friendship.

No comments: